Pages

Thursday 31 October 2019

Complex Sentences



Today my literacy class has been learning about what are independent and dependent clauses are.Since Mrs Moala said "we had to be in pairs" I decided to be with my friend Trinity.We each had to have the same highlights but those were done by own-selves.But also our teacher Mrs Moala had chosen the background for us.Independent clauses are "a complete thought"that could make sense by itself while the dependent clauses are the complete opposite of a complete thought but instead it's a "Uncompleted thought" that couldn't make sense by itself.Everyone had to guess which 1 is the independent clause and the dependent clause.Either way we had to highlight it blue for the independent clause while the opposite is red.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Farah, my name is Abby and I am a year 7 student at Yaldhurst Model School. WOW! What a cool front cover.

    Did you choose the front cover or did your teacher? I like how you showed what a complex sentence looked like and what a different part of a sentence looks like.

    This reminds me of when I learnt about complex sentences. Now I use them heaps more. Do you use them now?

    Next time you could make the slide more interesting and eye catching so you don't get bored.

    Was this easy?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,Thank you for replying to my post but my teacher (Mrs Moala) chose the front cover.I did do all I could but we had to leave the slides just like they are but we morely had to focus on writing.Plus I do use complex sentences in my writing sometimes though.This wasn't that hard but at the same time it's easy so probably it's average.Thank you for the questions :)

    ReplyDelete