Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

My Mother's Coat

My Mother's Coat
Do you agree or disagree with each statement. Be sure to provide evidence from the story to show how you made your decision.

Statement about the poem.
Agree or Disagree
Evidence from the poem. (How do you know?)
The author’s mother taught her to sew.
Agree because in the story the author wrote that I can sew now.
Although it’s not really me It’s
because of her I can now sew on my own
Many Cook Island people wear coats similar to the author’s mother.
Agree it is pretty similar to the one that the cook islands wear.
The uncool design extravagant colouring and awkward fit I did not want to be marked if only I knew then.
The author grew up somewhere with very cold winters.
Agree if she grew up in winter she would or see what she knows.
Since the author grew up in winter she knows a few things when she was little.

Personification is giving human traits or emotions to a non-human object.
Ex. The wind angrily howled through the night.

For each object in the picture, write a sentence using personification.

The clouds:
The clouds were gray which means lightning will happen.There were rain happening as well.


The rain:
It was raining hard with the clouds gray. It kept raining until it looked like thunder.

The lightning:

It was raining and lightning was very shocking to happen during the dark night.

No comments:

Post a Comment